As a community bank, CFG is committed to strengthening relationships with the businesses and neighborhoods that surround us through charitable donations and volunteer efforts.
Our community engagement program focuses mainly on:
- Financial literacy programs
- Maryland community initiatives (especially those organizations where our employees are involved)
Guidelines for Qualification
To be considered, applicants for and recipients of any CFG charitable donation must be qualified per the following guidelines.
All recipients must be tax exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the U.S. Internal Revenue Code. CFG Community Bank will not provide charitable support for:
- For-profit ventures
- Organizations that discriminate against a person or a group on the basis of age, political affiliation, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief
- Religious organizations if funds are used to benefit specific denominations or congregations (however, programs sponsored by religious groups but are nonsectarian in nature may be eligible for support)
- Lobbying or political activities
- Individual study, research or travel grants
- Any organization that poses a legal or business conflict of interest to CFG Community Bank, a subsidiary or an affiliate company, or is thought not to be in the best interest of CFG Community Bank
- Awards/events that require CFG Community Bank and/or its employees to raise monies on behalf of an organization
Our “Request for Support” Review Process
The charitable committee meets quarterly in the middle of March, June, September and December so formal funding proposals must be submitted by the 10th day of February, May, August or November in order to be considered at the next mid-month meeting.
Our Contribution Request Form must be completed and attached to a formal funding proposal (the entire form must be completed, please do not leave any blanks or your proposal will not be considered).
Download our Contribution Request Form
ROI Report Requirements
IMPORTANT NOTE: A detailed return-on-investment report will be required of any organization that receives a donation from CFG Community Bank of $1000.00 or more.
Where to Send Your Submission
Requests and questions should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Before you submit your proposal, please be sure to carefully review the guidelines above.
Recent Gifts Were Made To